Tuesday 12 February 2013

Cupids arrow....?

I was just thinking today....why is there so much pressure in this world to be in a relationship??  I know its easy for me to say because I am in a relationship.  But whilst watching the telly today and I couldn't help but notice the amount of adverts about valentines day and dating websites.

I know, lets make every singleton in the country dread being alone on valentines day (which is only a 'hallmark' holiday, designed to make money anyway), then lets cain them out of loads of money on dating websites.  I'd just like to clarify that I DON'T have a problem with the websites or the people on them. I know several people who have met their husbands and wives on these sites.

What I do disagree with is this bullshit pressure that society puts on people to be attached.  When I was a child I dreamed of being someones wife.  Why is that? It's because society expects it of us.

I've been single more than I've been attached...and when valentines day came round, I was never more aware of my single state.

The pressure is everywhere....how many people go to family weddings as a singleton and gets asked, "So, when is going to be your turn?"

I say if society stopped putting all this bullshit pressure on people, it may help singletons to feel less lonely than they already do.  And if they're happy being single then so be it.  You only get one life and life is short...so live it how YOU want to live it.

Just my opinion.  Rant over.

Much love to all.

No comments: